The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Band Recommendations on sites like Bandcamp, Soundcloud, etc etc

+5
oldschooldoom
MasontheBearded
mothy
MikeInFla
Kerrick
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Band Recommendations on sites like Bandcamp, Soundcloud, etc etc Empty Band Recommendations on sites like Bandcamp, Soundcloud, etc etc

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:04 pm

You can post here to promote and discuss any cool bands that you find on Bandcamp or Soundcloud.

I'll take the links you post and keep a list of them here so you can refer back to it.

77's - Bandcamp  (Christian Rock, offers cds, dvds, downloads and other merhcandise)
77's Bandcamp Exclusive Track 

Armageddon USA - ReverbNation

Armored Disciples - Bandcamp  (Christian Metal) 

Aslan - Bandcamp (Christian Prog Metal / Rock)
Aslan - "A Matter of Perspective"

The Bearded Dragon Productions - Bandcamp (Christian metal blog / label)

Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band - Bandcamp (I'll let alldatndensum pick a description..lol) 

Bloodgood - ReverbNation 

Burning Fire - Bandcamp  (Christian Metal Japanese band) 

Canaan - SoundCloud  (80's Christian pop/rock band, offers downloads of both of their albums for free)

Chaotic Resemblance - ReverbNation

Crucifix - Bandcamp  (80's Christian Metal) 

David Thomazone - Bandcamp  (Christian Metal guitarist, various bands and vocal styles)

Defying Darkness "Through Everlasting Dissension" - Bandcamp (single from Christian metal band)

Dying Prophet - Bandcamp  (Christian Metal Japanese band) 

Fate - Bandcamp  (Christian thrash)

Guardian1 - CD Baby (fronted by former Guardian singer Paul Cawley) 

Heirs of Salvation - ReverbNation (Christian rock/metal)

His Calling - Bandcamp (Christian Rock)

Holy Blood - Bandcamp (Christian brutal/folk)

IMARi ToNES - Bandcamp  (80's style metal from Japan) 

John Davis - ARIGATO! - Bandcamp  (ARIGATO! is a Christian rock album by John Davis)
John Davis - Bandcamp  (Various styles, some Chrisitan, some not)

John Schlitt - Bandcamp  (former Petra frontman's solo projects)

Joshua's Creed - Bandcamp  (Christian Rock/ Metal) 

KOZEN - Bandcamp (Christian progressive / melodic metal)

Les Carlsen - Bandcamp  (Bloodgood frontman's other projects) 

Messenger - Bandcamp (Christian Rock/'Metal)
Messenger "I'm Talking To You" - Bandcamp 
Messenger - Soundcloud 

Millenial Reign - ReverbNation

Oblivion Myth - ReverbNation (Christian rock/metal)

Phantom Generation - CD Baby (fronted by former Guardian singer Paul Cawley)

Pride Before The Fall - Bandcamp  (70's and 80's Progressive rock) 

The Prophets of Yahweh - Bandcamp (Christian brutal / death)

Random Hero "The Covering" - Bandcamp (Christian rock/metal)
Random Hero - Bandcamp

Safekeeper - Bandcamp  (metal / thrash / punk / nu-metal)

Sareptah - Bandcamp  (Christian Metal)

The Savior's Army - Bandcamp  (Christian Rock)

Shining Force - ReverbNation (Christian Metal) 

Sombrance - Bandcamp (Christian Rock) 

Spiritual Wind - Revelation (80's Christian metal)

Supernova Remnant Band - Soundcloud (Christian Rock) 
Supernova Remnant - ReverbNation

Sweet Crystal - Bandcamp  (Christian Rock)

Temple of Blood - Bandcamp  (Christian power/thrash/traditional) 

Timoratus - Bandcamp (Christian grind, doom, death, black - they have an EP for each style) 

The Union of Sinners & Saints Music Page - Bandcamp (Christian supergroup with members of Petra and Whiteheart)
The Union of Sinners & Saints album - Bandcamp

Various Artists - Echoes of Salvation - Bandcamp (Christian rock/metal compilation)
Various Artists - Echoes of Eternity - Bandcamp (Christian rock/metal compilation)

Vision of God Records - Bandcamp  (Christian metal label)

* some links taken from previous thread "Crucifix remastered album on Bandcamp (sounds like from the 80's)"

Last edited by Bought4Life on Sun May 17, 2020 11:34 pm; edited 48 times in total

Back to top Go down

Band Recommendations on sites like Bandcamp, Soundcloud, etc etc Empty Re: Band Recommendations on sites like Bandcamp, Soundcloud, etc etc

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:09 pm

Great idea!  Sticky'd.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Band Recommendations on sites like Bandcamp, Soundcloud, etc etc Empty Re: Band Recommendations on sites like Bandcamp, Soundcloud, etc etc

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:12 pm

Kerrick wrote:Great idea!  Sticky'd.

Thanks for the help and advice, Kerrick!

and thanks for the links, MikeInFla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:48 am

I really like this sound....the band Sareptah seems to have different vocalists on different albums, and even different vocal styles (I heard growling on a couple of their tunes, but then regular melodic metal vocals on others)

This seems to be the album I like best by them

Sareptah 

The guitarist has his own page that features all of the various bands he has been in

David Thomazone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:07 pm

80's style metal from Japan....

I am really liking this album by them...

IMARi ToNES - Victory In Christ 

I listed their main bandcamp page up in the links (they have a lot of releases)...

They claim to be the "first Christian heavy metal band from Japan"...not sure how accurate that is..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:12 pm

Added Joshua's Creed, Sweet Crystal and Armored Disciples

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:24 am

Cool, bandcamp is a great place to find any type of music.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:33 am

Here's another I found, John Davis. I have Arigato! on CD.

John Davis Arigato!

Reminds me of the Foo Fighters (it was produced by the Foo's producer and it is a great album if you like that style).

I went to high school with John. He was a freshman when I was a senior. He went on to form the band Superdrag (90's alt rock).

He has  TON of music in a TON of different style (one being a punk band called Epic Ditch). Not all of his releases are Christian but Arigato! is.

I contacted him a few years ago. He probably didn't remember me. In high school I needed an easy "A" so I signed up for Art class and he was in there. We used to talk music all the time. He did remember the class "Ah, Mrs. Griffin's class!".

Here's a bio on John:

http://christianmusic.com/john_davis/john_davis.htm
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:17 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Here's another I found, John Davis. I have Arigato! on CD.

John Davis Arigato!

Reminds me of the Foo Fighters (it was produced by the Foo's producer and it is a great album if you like that style).

I went to high school with John. He was a freshman when I was a senior. He went on to form the band Superdrag (90's alt rock).

He has  TON of music in a TON of different style (one being a punk band called Epic Ditch). Not all of his releases are Christian but Arigato! is.

I contacted him a few years ago. He probably didn't remember me. In high school I needed an easy "A" so I signed up for Art class and he was in there. We used to talk music all the time. He did remember the class "Ah, Mrs. Griffin's class!".

Here's a bio on John:

http://christianmusic.com/john_davis/john_davis.htm

Added..thanks for the info

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:35 pm

New adds to the list...

Holy Blood - Voice of Blood 
Pre Orders now available
https://visionofgodrecords.bandcamp.com/album/voice-of-blood-2 

Vision of God Records has a slew of these types of bands on Bandcamp.

https://visionofgodrecords.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:42 pm

Added Random Hero

I'm really liking this album, "The Covering"

https://randomhero.bandcamp.com/album/the-covering

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:09 pm

Added Timoratus..

They have an EP of each style they play
Black 
Death 
Doom 
Grind 

Also...
https://timoratus.bandcamp.com/album/7-deadly-sins-ep

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:12 pm

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:55 pm

mothy wrote:Menssenger

Added! Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by MasontheBearded Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:49 am

#shamelessplug for my label here. But today, we released Defying Darkness' debut single. Blackened drone metal. 

https://thebeardeddragon1.bandcamp.com/track/through-everlasting-dissension
MasontheBearded
MasontheBearded
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://thebeardeddragon1.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:25 am

MasontheBearded wrote:#shamelessplug for my label here. But today, we released Defying Darkness' debut single. Blackened drone metal. 

https://thebeardeddragon1.bandcamp.com/track/through-everlasting-dissension

Added your label and that single...thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:41 pm

Added Supernova Remnant and Union of Sinners & Saints

Also added two Various Artist compilations

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:11 am

Bought4Life wrote:80's style metal from Japan....

I listed their main bandcamp page up in the links (they have a lot of releases)...

They claim to be the "first Christian heavy metal band from Japan"...not sure how accurate that is..
Here is a recent reply from the band,

"It seems like so. Some years ago, we have found a band called "Hidden Christian" saying they were a Christian metal band but soon later they changed the name and changed the direction. That tells a lot about how difficult and unrealistic it is to play Christian metal here in Japan. We do have some "Christian Rock" or "Christian Pop" bands (although not many) in Japan but "metal" I don't know. There might be some cases such as regular metal band playing somewhat Christian influenced song, or I know some metal musicians who is actually a Christian, but "openly and baldly Christian metal" we don't know any other at this point. If you know or find one, please tell me."
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:40 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:80's style metal from Japan....

Here is a recent reply from the band,

"It seems like so. Some years ago, we have found a band called "Hidden Christian" saying they were a Christian metal band but soon later they changed the name and changed the direction. That tells a lot about how difficult and unrealistic it is to play Christian metal here in Japan. We do have some "Christian Rock" or "Christian Pop" bands (although not many) in Japan but "metal" I don't know. There might be some cases such as regular metal band playing somewhat Christian influenced song, or I know some metal musicians who is actually a Christian, but "openly and baldly Christian metal" we don't know any other at this point. If you know or find one, please tell me."

Interesting..thanks for sharing

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:57 am

Just stumbled on Aslan. Seems to be a alot of different influences but kind of Prog Metal/Rock with other influences. 9 Releases dated back to 1995.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:17 am

mothy wrote:Just stumbled on Aslan. Seems to be a alot of different influences but kind of Prog Metal/Rock with other influences. 9 Releases dated back to 1995.

Good find!

I actually do remember them, also..

I have added it to the list...thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:07 pm

Sombrance

Was produced by Jimmy P Brown
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:59 pm

If I had a Bandcamp page I would want to promote ALL of my albums yet I see only a relatively few represented on BandCamp, CD Baby, Amazon, iTunes and other sites.

For example, Aslan only promotes their most recent 4 albums of their 9 album discography on BandCamp. Perhaps because those are the only albums they are currently selling online? But they could easily sell their other songs and albums via digital download.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:55 am

^^ Im with you  but Im sure it comes down to label rights etc and there is usually plenty of red tape on things.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:12 am

mothy wrote:Sombrance

Was produced by Jimmy P Brown

Added to the list

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next