The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian bands that sound like Slayer?

+7
xMetalMarkx
Opeth3232
Dustofyears
Temple of Blood
Constantine
Pethead
StevenCressler
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Christian bands that sound like Slayer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Christian bands that sound like Slayer?

Post by Friday13th Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:37 am

Most of the Christian thrash bands sound a bit like Slayer. Tourniquet has major Slayer influence especially when Gary does the barking. “Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance” is the key track. I think Believer’s first album has Slayer sounding riffs.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Christian bands that sound like Slayer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Christian bands that sound like Slayer?

Post by Opeth3232 Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:42 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Opeth3232 wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:No band does Slayer like Slayer. Living Sacrifice debut is as close as it gets in the Christian realm. Though I will say, It's not exactly Slayer sounding, a good ear can pick the difference. I think the overall tone of the instruments and the vocals are quite different, but it's definitely the closet thing to I have heard to Slayer that is Christian.

Slayer's best years are from Show no Mercy to seasons then they have some good songs on each album post seasons.

What about this band my friend?
That's good thrash. The singer is something between Gary Lenaire and Tom Araya. The Music almost sounds closer to early Sep with the Gary/Tom vocal...well at least to the holes at each side of my head. Though I can hear some Slayer going on in there at times, Angel of Death comes to mind, I can hear it.
I agree! I was hoping I wasn't the only one lol. The only problem though is they aren't always as consistent as this song but when they are it is some really goooood stuff my friend
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:15 pm

Funnily enough, one of the most Slayer-like Christian songs I've heard is by Mortification (Web of Fire). There's even a "dyeath" at the end of each verse
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2