The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone like straightforward rock like Seger, Springsteen and Billy Joel

+3
WildWorld
Pethead
Black Rider
7 posters

Go down

Anyone like straightforward rock like Seger, Springsteen and Billy Joel Empty Anyone like straightforward rock like Seger, Springsteen and Billy Joel

Post by Black Rider Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:30 pm

Sometimes I really enjoy just a good, hookie basic rock song with good song craft.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anyone like straightforward rock like Seger, Springsteen and Billy Joel Empty Re: Anyone like straightforward rock like Seger, Springsteen and Billy Joel

Post by Pethead Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:34 pm

Fan of all those, especially the Boss, who’s one of my all-time favorite artists. Billy Joel is also a favorite.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anyone like straightforward rock like Seger, Springsteen and Billy Joel Empty Re: Anyone like straightforward rock like Seger, Springsteen and Billy Joel

Post by Black Rider Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:39 pm

Too bad both are raging leftists but I expect that anymore.
Bob has such an emotive voice, can go from plaintive to celebratory in the same song.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:42 pm

My uncle was a big Seger fan, so I have loved some of his tunes since I was really young.

There are few artists for me who can top the Boss’s run from Born to Run through Tunnel of Love, with Darkness on the Edge of Town being my favorite.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:22 pm

Not a big fan of them (I do love the Springsteen song Born to Run, and Billy Joel's I Go To Extremes and Pressure are also cool songs),but I do like some of the "heartland rock" they inspired like Tom Petty, John Mellancamp, etc.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:23 pm

Love Tom Petty, as well.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:15 pm

Nope.  Billy Joel sucks.  Bob Seger is overrated and overplayed, just like Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" or Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird."
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:34 pm

Some. No. Some.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:55 pm

I like straight-ahead rock, but prefer artists like Bryan Adams, Tom Petty, John Mellencamp, Eddie Money, Bill Squier, REO Speedwagon, CCR, Doobie Brothers, Little River Band, The Pretenders, etc.

I like some Billy Joel songs and some Bob Seger ones for sure.  Not really into Bruce but he has a few good songs.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider, Superjuice and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:09 pm

Constantine wrote:I like straight-ahead rock, but prefer artists like Bryan Adams, Tom Petty, John Mellencamp, Eddie Money, Bill Squier, REO Speedwagon, CCR, Doobie Brothers, Little River Band, The Pretenders, etc.

I like some Billy Joel songs and some Bob Seger ones for sure.  Not really into Bruce but he has a few good songs.
Exactly this. You read my mind.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down