The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Common Children - 90's Christian Alternative Band

3 posters

Go down

Common Children - 90's Christian Alternative Band  Empty Common Children - 90's Christian Alternative Band

Post by Constantine Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:15 pm

Anyone know this band?   I used to have their 1st CD "Skywire" but never listened to it, and by now it is long gone.

But I'm listening to it now on Spotify and am surprised at how much I like it.  

The music is like the missing link between the 90's alternative / grunge scene and modern and ambient post-rock.

The album is like a curious mix of The Prayer Chain, The Choir, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Starflyer 59, Grammatrain, The Church, and a touch of Jane's Addiction.

It's just as well that I'm discovering it now, as I would not have appreciated it back in the 90's when it came out.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Common Children - 90's Christian Alternative Band  Empty Re: Common Children - 90's Christian Alternative Band

Post by Dustofyears Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:06 am

Never heard of them. Thought I'd heard about most of those sort of bands in Christian alt music.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Common Children - 90's Christian Alternative Band  Empty Re: Common Children - 90's Christian Alternative Band

Post by Staybrite Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:22 pm

I have that same album and I think your description is spot-on.  I don't listen to it a ton, but at least once a year I take it down and give it a listen and I'm usually reminded how good it is.  I think that has to do with quality song-writing.
You should be able to score a used copy online rather inexpensively.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down