The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bands that changed the most overtime

+5
seth
scottmitchell74
Pethead
Aporia
StevenCressler
9 posters

Go down

Bands that changed the most overtime Empty Bands that changed the most overtime

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:40 pm

My vote is Disciple. One song from each of their first 10 albums (because after Southern Hospitality they stopped changing their sound that much:

StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bands that changed the most overtime Empty Re: Bands that changed the most overtime

Post by Aporia Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:17 pm

Bride.

Aporia
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider, Staybrite, Pethead, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, StevenCressler and Legitwafflez like this post

Back to top Go down

Bands that changed the most overtime Empty Re: Bands that changed the most overtime

Post by Pethead Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 pm

Aporia wrote:Bride.
That’s my answer, as well.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:24 pm

Bride
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:50 pm

Yeah Bride is the right answer
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:56 pm

Bride is who I thought of, too. Petra and Whiteheart also changed a lot over their histories. Guardian too.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:36 pm

Bride is a good answer. Skillet's changed quite a bit. Maybe Stryper?(Gotten better and less glam over time, their newer stuff is closer to power imo)
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:51 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:Bride is a good answer. Skillet's changed quite a bit. Maybe Stryper?(Gotten better and less glam over time, their newer stuff is closer to power imo)
True, forgot about Skillet. From grunge to electronic to nu metal to alt rock to heavy pop-rock.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:51 pm

Bride's catalog contains everything from rapcore to bluegrass.

Petra is a very distant second.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:30 am

Bride is a good answer, but I'd say Mortification is their equal in changes.  Mortal is also a good answer, as they sounded like a completely different band for every album, but they didn't have as many albums as Bride or Mortification.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:34 am

strangerhoncho wrote:Bride is a good answer, but I'd say Mortification is their equal in changes.  Mortal is also a good answer, as they sounded like a completely different band for every album, but they didn't have as many albums as Bride or Mortification.
Morty's up there, but I don't think they changed as much as people tend to say. They went from thrash-influenced death to doom-influenced death to death-doom to thrash with death influences and the occasionall death'n'roll song on their first four albums, sure, but to me each album from Blood World onward sounds in pretty much the same style.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:55 am

StevenCressler wrote:
strangerhoncho wrote:Bride is a good answer, but I'd say Mortification is their equal in changes.  Mortal is also a good answer, as they sounded like a completely different band for every album, but they didn't have as many albums as Bride or Mortification.
Morty's up there, but I don't think they changed as much as people tend to say. They went from thrash-influenced death to doom-influenced death to death-doom to thrash with death influences and the occasionall death'n'roll song on their first four albums, sure, but to me each album from Blood World onward sounds in pretty much the same style.
I think ever Morty album sounds pretty different. The first three(or four) are death. Relentless is thrash, PRM is groove influenced thrash with jungle beats. Morty would be another good pick but they at least stayed in the thrash and death metal realm. Bride went all over the place. OH! How has no one mentioned Living Sacrifice yet? Thrash to Extreme Death to boring meh Metalcore to decently good Metalcore. Thrash to death, not that big a deal. But THRASH/DEATH to METALCORE? They may not have had as many changes as Bride but that's just insane. LS is probably number 2.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler and Legitwafflez like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down