The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random fitness thoughts thread...

+12
Religious Man
oldschooldoom
Superjuice
Banshee
Crucify The Flesh
nerf_herder4444
Gandalf the White
L8T
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Shamax
Hguols
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Random fitness thoughts thread... - Page 3 Empty Re: Random fitness thoughts thread...

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2012 2:51 am

Woo, hadn't done it for a week or two. Hurts more now but wooooooo, glad to be doing it again cheers

Back to top Go down

Random fitness thoughts thread... - Page 3 Empty Re: Random fitness thoughts thread...

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2012 2:51 am

probably just over two weeks actually....

Back to top Go down

Post by Hguols Sun May 27, 2012 2:49 pm

Man, I forgot all about this thread.
I got my goal on the bench press a few weeks ago... (3 reps of 405lbs unassisted) but my flat bench has been low since then.

I think its not enough tearing to be considered an injury, but enough to take all my sets down a few reps.

I seem to be back on the upswing though. My 3rd set on the bench last time lifting, 3 reps of 385lbs.

I've been trying to push my incline up. 150lb dumbbells are just too heavy to do every weight day. I've been putting on 315lbs and doing one (just one) set of 7 reps.

I appear to be losing weight. I got some smaller jeans out of the bottom of my dresser and they were too tight when I bought them a few months ago, but I kept them. (I promised myself I'd fit into them) Now, they're pretty comfy! New jeans FTW!

I blame the Jacob's ladder for my weight loss. 4:15 is my record on that thing. Not a second longer...

The trick for me is to lose the light weight (chubby) and keep the heavy weight (muscle). For a guy that weighs 285lbs at a height of 5'9", I'm not doing too bad to be wearing 38" waist jeans comfortably....

....am I?
Hguols
Hguols
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.ankouawaits.com

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Sun May 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Random fitness thoughts thread... - Page 3 631737971 Very Happy

H, I was trying on kakis, from my closet, tonight,....haven't worn them in a year or more........I have lost 18 pounds since late December, and, it is almost all in my waist.......been running around with my shirt off, feels GREAT!!! I am READY for summer!!!

Razz

For a guy that weighs 285lbs at a height of 5'9", I'm not doing too bad to be wearing 38" waist jeans comfortably....

For a guy pushing 48, I am feelin Pretty Good!
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Tue May 29, 2012 6:10 am

Finally getting back into a routine again after being sick for a week and then a week of recovery cheers
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Thu May 31, 2012 8:24 am

...after reading about other people working out...I think i feel like working out now.

Also...I hate hate HATE ab specific workouts! I always feel like i'm getting nowhere with them, but i have had good results just from picking up my weights/running routine again, now that school is done. I can tell i have abs again...they're in there somewhere!
Banshee
Banshee
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Thu May 31, 2012 8:48 pm

Over-Train your abs.....(I don't mean sore to touch, I mean focus on them Every Day, 2 to 3 to 4 times as much as you usually do, spread it out....) and, I GARE-N-TEE Progress!!

Don't think about doing abs Once a day....think about doing them All through the day, or in the morn, ...later, before meals...and, in the eve and before bed.......Just my humble opinion......Try it, then tell me it doesn't work, I can handle it.....Very Happy
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Thu May 31, 2012 9:51 pm

Well I suppose one can always give it a shot!
Banshee
Banshee
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Banshee Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:02 pm

Did the workout today...but even better, it is my day 6 of no sugar! ...By complete fluke the day i decided to stop eating sugar was june 1st. Makes it easy to count, at least!

Ab workout...did it three times in two days then nothing. But there was a whole lot of nothing going on for me this past week, not just in the workout department. I'm gonna chalk it up to an off week and move on.
Banshee
Banshee
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:32 pm

If you're training hard and not taking magnesium oil, you should be. 80% of Americans are magnesium deficient and leads to all kinds of problems like adrenal gland fatigue, especially if you take diuretics or drink a lot of coffee.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:57 pm

Banshee wrote:Also...I hate hate HATE ab specific workouts! I always feel like i'm getting nowhere with them, but i have had good results just from picking up my weights/running routine again, now that school is done. I can tell i have abs again...they're in there somewhere!

Add then on to the end of your normal workout.

To see your abs you supposedly have to have lost nearly all of your stomach fat. I swear after a few weeks I could see six abs. They took a while to start going too (haven't done it for a while, today was first day in ages) Never got to the abs I wanted but I will now!! yes I will yes I will!!!

I disagree about working on them all the time. I thought you were not supposed to over work one muscle for risk of damage and that actually going hard every OTHER day was better than every day... ?? I have to say I noticed no difference doing it every day than every other day...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:45 am

Gone almost two weeks without soft drinks, and I don't crave them at all. Really surprised how easy it has been so far. I almost got a coke today, but instead got a cappacino with no sugar which I assume is about 1% as unhealthy as coke.

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:54 pm

I thought you were not supposed to over work one muscle for risk of damage and that actually going hard every OTHER day was better than every day

They used to say "abs and cavs" ....that you CAN work them everyday, but, just google "abs everyday"....lots of peeps are cool with it...

Sadly, for me, that is, Abs were so much more easily defined and maintained when I had my youth....

Razz

BUT, do what feels right for you......(I mean physically, not morally, of course)......(.....)
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:54 am

L8T wrote:
I thought you were not supposed to over work one muscle for risk of damage and that actually going hard every OTHER day was better than every day

They used to say "abs and cavs" ....that you CAN work them everyday, but, just google "abs everyday"....lots of peeps are cool with it...

Sadly, for me, that is, Abs were so much more easily defined and maintained when I had my youth....

Razz

BUT, do what feels right for you......(I mean physically, not morally, of course)......(.....)

I did a "wheel barrel" abs workout 2 days ago and I could barely get out of bed. There's no way I'm training them again for another day or 2.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Ab work is mostly done in the kitchen. Cool
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Random fitness thoughts thread... - Page 3 XY8L0
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Religious Man Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:40 pm

I need the Eagle Power!!
Religious Man
Religious Man
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Camerone007 Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:53 am

According to me there is just simple way to stay healthy and keep your body fit is diet and exercise. Make sure that you take proper and balanced diet. But with your diet you must take some initial exercise like running or swimming.

Camerone007
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Samond125 Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:16 am

I do agree with you, fitness is just first step towards healthy lifestyle. Good diet and exercise are best recipe to be healthy and attractive.

Fitness Tacoma

Samond125
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sat May 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Why not.  I'll necrothread this.

I did pretty good with lat pulldowns today.
3 sets of 10 of 365lbs.  Of course I have to strap myself in as that's almost 100lbs more than what I weigh.

Anymore, I feel like I'm reaching the finish line at my gym.  3 different machines I do the whole stack (250lbs) on with my reps and sets.
(shoulders, flys and pullovers if anyone is curious what those machines work)
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:08 pm

Trying to keep up my strength. It helps with my appetite as well.
I had a decent workout today.

(free) Flat Bench Press - 315lbs for 9 reps
(free) Flat Bench Press - 365lbs for 3 reps
(machine) Upright Pullovers - 250lbs (whole stack) for 12 reps
(machine) Upright Butterflies - 225lbs (whole stack) two sets of 5
(machine) Military Press - 225lbs (whole stack) for 10 reps
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:41 pm

Managed to get a few sets of squats in after work and before getting zapped with radiation.

I only squat with free-weights.

Set 1 - 225lbs x 10 reps (warmup)
Set 2 - 275lbs x 5 reps
Set 3 - 275lbs x 7 reps
Set 4 - 275lbs x 8 reps
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:42 am

Work sent me home after being there for an hour an a half. Even though I work 4 different programs in the building, MLKjr day had the calls slow enough to give me the rest of the day off. That allowed me to put some extra time in the gym this morning!

(free) Flat Bench Press - 315lbs for 9 reps
(free) Flat Bench Press - 365lbs for 4 reps (YEAH!!!!)

Oh, and its scientifically proven that if you can push 365lbs for 4 reps on a flat bench, you can press 405lbs as a 1 rep max.
I haven't gone above 365lbs since my shoulder injury 2012, but my personal best on flat was 405lbs for 3 reps.

(machine) Upright Pullovers - 250lbs (whole stack) for 15 reps, 2nd set 10 reps
(machine) Upright Butterflies - 225lbs (whole stack) one set of 3, 2nd set of 12 (got mad at it)
(machine) Military Press - 225lbs (whole stack) for 15 reps, 2nd set 5 reps (getting fatigued)
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:47 am

My wife and I have been making a point to make it to the gym together.  You know, when I'm not in the hospital or feeling horrible from chemo.

Yesterday, I was tired and my wife convinced me to go to the gym with her.  She did did the Jacob's ladder and treadmill, and I did:

Jacob's Ladder - 3 minutes total (that thing is brutal)
Military Press - 3 sets of 10 - 150lbs
Butterflies - 2 sets, 7 reps & 6 reps - 150lbs
Fatbar Twists - 2 sets of 30+ (reached the top) - 45lbs
Pullups & Dips - 2 sets, pullups 6 reps, dips 10 - offset 120lbs
Upright Bench Press - 3 sets of 10 - 180lbs

About a 50 minute workout.  Everything was on machine, no free weights this time.  I'd been to the gym a handful of times since this last surgery, but my numbers were so embarrassingly low.  The best I've done on the free-weights bench since being back is 3 reps of 225lbs.  (I was repping 315lbs 8 times in April)

My upper chest seems to have decent strength though.  I'm only about 100lbs away from the whole stack on military press and butterflies.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:56 am

Work was slow today so I went to the gym on my long lunch.
Chest day!

Flat bench 1st set, 275lbs for 5 reps, 2nd set, 275lbs for 7 reps.
Butterflies - whole stack (220lbs) 1st and 2nd set each 5 reps
Military Press - whole stack (220lbs) 1st and 2nd set each 10 reps
Pullovers - whole stack (250lbs) 1st and 2nd set each 8 reps

60 grams of protein 15 minutes after working out.

Gettin' serious!!!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next