The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Odd collections

+18
Sophia Valentine
HenrikB
Kerrick
stringfellow_hawke
Nocturnal Servant
BlackCowl
metallikitty
MikeInFla
MadKraken
Blake
Nyx74
guilty/forgiven
nairtoons
oteis
unworthy
stevegarveyfan
Through The Dark Radio
alldatndensum
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Odd collections Empty Odd collections

Post by alldatndensum Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:08 am

Does anyone collect something odd? It's become socially acceptable to collect comic books, action figures, band memorabilia, Barbies, etc. But, some people collect stuff that isn't mainstream.

For example, I collect eggs. No, not the edible kind. I have several in my collection including a sterling silver egg, an obsidian egg, several egg music boxes, a couple of blown glass eggs, a volcanic glass egg, etc. I'd like to find a jade egg and an amber egg to really make the collection feel complete.

Any other "odd" collectors?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Odd collections Empty Re: Odd collections

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Many years ago, I used to collect drinking glasses, the kind that McDonald's, Burger King, Coca-Cola and other companies would put out. At one point, I had hundreds, but then my wife said they had to go. It was a 1 bedroom apartment at the time and there just wasn't room.

My son collects bottles. So, every time I have a beer, he gets the bottle if it's not already in his collection. I try a different one every week so his collection has really grown. It also includes a large variety of soft-drink and other bottles. He's 13 years old.

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:44 pm

Hockey jerseys. I probably have about 30+ jerseys from various teams. Most of the ones I have are from teams that are no more like the Dallas Freeze, San Antonio Iguanas and Central Texas Stampede. I also have quite a few European jerseys like the Augsburg Panthers and Nuremburg Ice Tigers.
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegarveyfan Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:49 pm

In addition to collecting music and baseball cards, I thoroughly enjoy attending Minor League Baseball games. Another of my hobbies is photographing the graves of MLB Hall of Famers. I just love doing those things. So relaxing, so rewarding and peaceful.
stevegarveyfan
stevegarveyfan
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 12:08 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:Hockey jerseys. I probably have about 30+ jerseys from various teams. Most of the ones I have are from teams that are no more like the Dallas Freeze, San Antonio Iguanas and Central Texas Stampede. I also have quite a few European jerseys like the Augsburg Panthers and Nuremburg Ice Tigers.

I happen to know that Al Snow (of WWE fame) also collects hockey jerseys. He even had one in his collection,that I saw in a video, from what was once called the Mobile Mystics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Mysticks

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Wed May 01, 2013 12:11 pm

Yep, the Mobile Mysticks . . . not quite a good as the Macon Whoopee Very Happy
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by unworthy Wed May 01, 2013 1:25 pm

I collect all my nail clippings in jars.
unworthy
unworthy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 13, 2013 11:30 am

unworthy wrote:I collect all my nail clippings in jars.
Every forum needs it's weirdo. I guess you're it!

Back to top Go down

Post by oteis Mon May 13, 2013 3:58 pm

I have collected Car Brochures for years. I have kept about 100. But i had like 1200.
oteis
oteis
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by nairtoons Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:47 pm

I collect old radio shows mainly comedy on any media. Mel Blanc, Marx bros. Abbot and Costello, Red Skelton and so on. Love the Humor and there never dirty maybe some inuendos but there classic.
nairtoons
nairtoons
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by guilty/forgiven Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:43 pm

I have a huge collection of cult and religion publications that date back to the 1800s.

For a little over 7 years I studied dozens of different beliefs and, not being one to take the words of someone who wrote a book exposing a belief as aberrant, I set out to obtain every original publication I could get my hands on. I collected several hundred pubs by the Watchtower, dozens of LDS books, a mish mosh of several miscellaneous beliefs including Blavatsky, Ellen G White, Aleister Crowley, Anton LaVey, Worldwide COG, and many more.

Not sure what such a collection would be worth, but I imagine some of the early 1900s books should get a few bucks at least.
I've thought about selling them all, but I want them to go to someone like me- a believer who uses them for research to further the Truth.
guilty/forgiven
guilty/forgiven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by guilty/forgiven Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:39 am

Not sure if it's considered "odd", but I collect songs that take me back to my childhood- if I hear a song I haven't heard since I was a kid or a teen, I get it and add it to my collection. I have over 300 songs in this category, from "Billy, Don't be a Hero" to Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty to songs from Schoolhouse Rock (Conjunction Junction) Laughing  - I'm extremely nostalgic.

I also have to have every Spiderman graphic novel that comes out - I know a lot of ppl think he's lame, but Spidey's always been my go-to superhero. Not really odd per se, but maybe odd for a 43 year old.

And finally, I collect anything that makes me laugh. I have a folder on my computer of pictures, gifs and jokes that made me actually laugh out loud. If it doesn't make me laugh, it's not in the folder. I got stuff in that folder from when I was a teenager.
guilty/forgiven
guilty/forgiven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:03 pm

VERB . . that's what's happen'!!!
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by guilty/forgiven Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:56 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:VERB . . that's what's happen'!!!

Yeeeeeeahhhhhh !!! LOVE IT !! 43 and I still dig those old songs ! I learned more from SHR than I did from public school ! Laughing
guilty/forgiven
guilty/forgiven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx74 Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:40 pm

I started collecting Donald Duck Pockets in 'Season' 3. Our son loves reading them now.
Nyx74
Nyx74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by guilty/forgiven Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:48 am

My mom had a complete collection of commemorative soda glasses from Burger King and McDonalds from the 70s = Star Wars, Empire, Looney Toons, and a few other odd ones.
The 1992 Landers California earthquake of 7.5 did away with 99% of them. She was bummed, but I think she was more upset that her entire house was destroyed more than a few glasses.
guilty/forgiven
guilty/forgiven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:55 pm

I have a 4 piece set of glasses from Burger King commemorating the release of the rebooted Star Trek movie.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:39 am

I also collect geocoins.  They are trackable coins that are part of the worldwide geocaching sport.  I have around 20 or so of them that I will not release to be moved around the globe.  My favorites, though, are my milestone coins.  Every time I find another 1,000, I add another milestone coin.  I should get my 5th on this year.

What is geocaching?  Go to www.geocaching.com to find out!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:11 pm

When I was really little my parents were concerns because I started collecting chicken bones. Not sure when that stopped but I eventually amassed a rather large Hot Wheels collection before eventually selling that off.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MadKraken Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:29 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:When I was really little my parents were concerns because I started collecting chicken bones. Not sure when that stopped but I eventually amassed a rather large Hot Wheels collection before eventually selling that off.

Haha, I tried collecting chicken bones as a kid, too, but unfortunately my mom wouldn't even let me keep my first bone. I had this idea that once I got enough bones I could make fake skeletons of made-up creatures. Still kind of a cool idea...
MadKraken
MadKraken
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:09 pm

guilty/forgiven wrote:I have a huge collection of cult and religion publications that date back to the 1800s.

For a little over 7 years I studied dozens of different beliefs and, not being one to take the words of someone who wrote a book exposing a belief as aberrant, I set out to obtain every original publication I could get my hands on. I collected several hundred pubs by the Watchtower, dozens of LDS books, a mish mosh of several miscellaneous beliefs including Blavatsky, Ellen G White, Aleister Crowley, Anton LaVey, Worldwide COG, and many more.

Not sure what such a collection would be worth, but I imagine some of the early 1900s books should get a few bucks at least.
I've thought about selling them all, but I want them to go to someone like me- a believer who uses them for research to further the Truth.

Got any strange stuff from The People's Temple?
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by guilty/forgiven Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Nothing original from Jimmy Jones group of crazies. But I do have some books that include the sordid story, what they believe and some of the stories from ex-members. Crazy stuff.
guilty/forgiven
guilty/forgiven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by guilty/forgiven Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:22 pm

I'm trying to find someone to buy my Watchtower publications collection. I really hate to sell them individually, but I doubt anyone's gonna afford the entire lot (some of the publications go back 100+ years ago).

I also have a collection of LDS publications I'm gonna sell.
guilty/forgiven
guilty/forgiven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:38 pm

Did you do too much LDS back at Berkeley?  lol!

When I last replied to this thread, I was approaching my 5,000th find in geocaching.  This year, I hope to soon grab my 6,000th find.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by metallikitty Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:07 pm

Used to have a lot of pet cats (no, really, metalliKITTY?!) Only have one now. And I have a small tin somewhere that is almost full of shed cat whiskers I would find and pick up.

>^~^<

metallikitty
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next