The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rage of Angels looking for band members!

+3
justjoe
_wes
jtdirect
7 posters

Go down

Rage of Angels looking for band members! Empty Rage of Angels looking for band members!

Post by jtdirect Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:57 pm

How many of you remember the 1989 band Rage of Angels???

You may remember the 80's/90's Christian metal band “Rage of Angels”. Back in 1989 when their only album was released they were dubbed as possibly being one of the best Christian bands ever, but then abruptly disbanded. The band, Rage of Angels (ROA) is still very much talked about in Christian rock/metal forums, blogs and other such internet media today. My close friend is the former lead singer, Danny Mariano. I am posting on his behalf and at his request. 
This year, 2014 marks the 25th anniversary of the year their lone album was released. 
Danny and I got talking about it and felt it was perfect timing to put out a brand new, second, ROA album, 25 years in the making and using Kickstarter as a means to fund the project. 
Danny is still very active musically and plays “gigs” regularly in an 80's, 90's, 00's cover band, however, he would like to get back into the Christian industry. With that, we spoke about contacting the other members of ROA, but thought against it due to their contradiction with the Christian lifestyle. Therefore, we thought to do this on our own and start from scratch by finding new musicians, writing music and lyrics. This can be done, but it would take a lot of time and effort and be much harder. We were hoping to get something released this fall/winter of 2014. 
With that, we also discussed another possibility. That being to find another project, such as an established Christian band or solo musicians (guitarist, drummer, bassist, etc) that already has music written, but not doing anything with it, to add his vocals and our lyrics or just someone that is willing to write for us. We are open to anything. Whether this project will be called ROA or not, we can market it as “Featuring the former voice of ROA.”, which would be cool after being non-existent for so long in the Christian industry. 
I am asking if you are interested in writing, collaborating and possibly recording with us or if you know anyone that might be or if you know an established Christian band looking for a vocalist. Any support or contribution would be helpful.
Or if you have any “unused” music that you feel might fit the style of ROA that you would like us to consider. Once we get the set band or musicians set we will launch a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds to make this happen. In the meantime we will be writing the album. 
As of now, this will just be a studio album and keeping it simple, with no touring etc., but you never now what the Lord may call us to do afterward.
We will be also seeking a good producer and quality studio close to home.  
If you are interested (or know someone that might be), have any questions or would like to discuss this further, please let us know. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks

jtdirect
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Rage of Angels looking for band members! Empty Re: Rage of Angels looking for band members!

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Rage of Angels is still a fav.  It will be interesting to see what comes out of this endeavor!

Back to top Go down

Rage of Angels looking for band members! Empty Re: Rage of Angels looking for band members!

Post by _wes Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Any follow up going on . . . ?
_wes
_wes
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Location : Burke, VA - > Panama City, FL - > Montgomery, AL > Panama City FL (Lynn H aven) > DC > Dayton, OH > Huntsville, AL

Back to top Go down

Post by jtdirect Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:53 pm

What kind of follow up do you mean?

jtdirect
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by justjoe Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:36 pm

How's the search going for new band members? 
I hope this comes to fruition. 
The S/T ROA still get a lot of play in my car and at work

justjoe
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by godsrocker1970 Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:15 am

Any follow up. Is the kick starter still active. If so where do i go to contribute. I would be ecstatic for a new 
ROA album.
Keep rockin' for the Rock that took us from under our rock and placed on the Rock, Jesus the solid rock that makes us rock solid. Lyle C. Rollings III

godsrocker1970
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by gtr1963 Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:57 pm

This sounds great.. ROA album... still play it all the time... love the musicianship and message... I'd definitely love to be a part of this project if possible. Been playing lead guitar for 31 years... done some solo work for Pastor Brad. I've got some music, but no lyrics...

I'm a born again Christian, active in my church and love the Lord.

If interested    metalgtr2000@yahoo.com

Andy

gtr1963
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Skwisgaar Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:57 pm

Is this still in the works and are you still looking? I can send links to my past work if so...
Skwisgaar
Skwisgaar
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:14 pm

Wonder where this ended up....?  It would be great to see a 2nd release from ROA.
Even better if it had some songs that are in similar style to the 1st album (i.e. not a complete switch in sound like the latest Fear Not E.P.).
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down