The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Trek: Discovery

+2
New Creation
Hardcore Christian
6 posters

Go down

Star Trek: Discovery Empty Star Trek: Discovery

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:20 pm

Star Trek: Discovery New-Logo-Insert

After many delays, from losing the showrunner to re-writing everything, the show has finally commenced filming/production

http://www.startrek.com/article/discovery-begins-production-new-logo-revealed

Last edited by Hardcore Christian on Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Star Trek: Discovery Empty Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:23 pm

Have to admit, its gonna be pretty hard to disappoint me

(despite one of the main characters being gay, ya gotta put up with the crap almost everywhere anyway)
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:50 am

HC, have you watched all the other Star Trek TV series? I'll admit I have not but I still consider myself a pretty big Trek fan. I need to buy all of them on disc and start at the beginning.

The Original Series
The Animated Series
The Next Generation
Deep Space Nine
Voyager
Enterprise
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:23 pm

The fan made episodes are excellent too!

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:40 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:Have to admit, its gonna be pretty hard to disappoint me
(despite one of the main characters being gay, ya gotta put up with the crap almost everywhere anyway)

Well, on The Next Generation, Tasha Yar nailed a robot (Data) so... there's been suggested sexual diversity since the episodes from the 90's. LOL

I can't help but wonder how "flamboyant" this character would be though. ...what with some gay men "sounding" very "gay" in how they speak.

Side note: I saw a documentary on this. It had nothing pro/con to say about the sexual orientation, but apparently a lot of gay men feel very insecure with "gay" mannerisms/speaking. Like these dudes went through some rigorous speech therapy to overcome it. Pretty interesting...
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:44 pm

New Creation wrote:HC, have you watched all the other Star Trek TV series? I'll admit I have not but I still consider myself a pretty big Trek fan. I need to buy all of them on disc and start at the beginning.

The Original Series
The Animated Series
The Next Generation
Deep Space Nine
Voyager
Enterprise
Im almost done watching all of them

I did it in an interesting order
I watched
DS9
Enterprise
TOS
TAS
VOY
TNG (currently on season 3)
MikeInFla wrote:The fan made episodes are excellent too!

Star Trek Continues is a pretty awesome fan production, their are a lot of good ones out there but this is for sure one of the best!

For anyone wondering its basically the continuation of the 5 year journey, that was never really 5 years
They are high quality, and through fan funding have put out 8 episodes over the past 4 years
They are all FREE to watch
http://startrekcontinues.com/episodes.html

Its pretty cool who they have on board, the son of James Doohan (Scotty) is actually playing his fathers character
Grant Imahara (from Mythbusters fame) is Sulu
They have had pretty awesome guest stars as well, Lou Ferrigno (The original Hulk) has played an Orion
Colin Baker who played the sixth doctor on classic Doctor Who, has also been a guest

ThomasEversole wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:Have to admit, its gonna be pretty hard to disappoint me

Well, on The Next Generation, Tasha Yar nailed a robot (Data) so...  there's been suggested sexual diversity since the episodes from the 90's.  LOL

I can't help but wonder how "flamboyant" this character would be though.  ...what with some gay men "sounding" very "gay" in how they speak.

Side note:  I saw a documentary on this.  It had nothing pro/con to say about the sexual orientation, but apparently a lot of gay men feel very insecure with "gay" mannerisms/speaking.  Like these dudes went through some rigorous speech therapy to overcome it.  Pretty interesting...

Oh no its worse than that, on DS9, they had a couple lesbian kissing "scenes"
I say that because the characters arent normally gay but because of the stories circumstances they could get those political statements in
In one episode the character Jadzia Dax, who is a Trill (which means she has a symbiont inside her who had previous hosts) meets another Trill she was previously in love with as a different host, so they get their lesbian love story in and of course the other trill leaves by the end of the episode

the second one i can think of is, in one of the mirror universe episodes

which you may remember from TOS, where everyone is evil
well the first officer Kira, is bi-sexual in the mirror universe (of course)

Anyway of course because George Takei is gay (Sulu), its not really a surprise that they are finally getting a main character to be gay

In Star Trek Beyond (the newest movie) Sulu's character is revealed as gay

And from what I have read, Gene Roddenberry wanted to make Sulu gay on the original show but knew it wouldnt pass, especially with already having a black woman, Asian man, and a Russian as main cast members
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:03 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Oh no its worse than that, on DS9, they had a couple lesbian kissing "scenes"
I say that because the characters arent normally gay but because of the stories circumstances they could get those political statements in
In one episode the character Jadzia Dax, who is a Trill (which means she has a symbiont inside her who had previous hosts) meets another Trill she was previously in love with as a different host, so they get their lesbian love story in and of course the other trill leaves by the end of the episode

Oh yeah! I forgot about that episode.
I remember my dad freaking out and changing the channel when he was watching it. HAHA!!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:25 am

While Star Trek has always pushed a little at being controversial, some of the people connected to this show has referred to it as Star Trek: STD.  It is supposed to be a lot more sexual than previous shows.  It is also yet another prequel series.  I want something new.  I kind of feel that this show will be a disappointment to me as was Enterprise.  I never could get into that show.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:23 am

Don't forget the animated series from the 70's. These were actually really good.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:54 am

I really enjoyed Enterprise. The only series I didn't care for was Voyager. DS9 was a lot of fun too, especially the last couple of seasons. 

There was another fan made series called "New Voyages" that was a lot like "Continues" but all of those videos have been pulled and the website is gone. James Cawley (who made all of the sets and starred in many of the videos) has decided not to continue on and they were starting to get really good too. They just got a new Kirk on that series. What he has done is make it into a set tour. 

http://startrektour.com/

Most of the videos they made are gone but some are still on YouTube with closed caption on the screen for some reason. 

Watch this one, this is cool and only about a minute long:

Another fun series is Star Trek Farragut. They even did an animated episode!

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:17 am

Those fan made series got hit hard by a lawsuit from CBS.  With CBS bringing a new show, they stopped anything that these fan made series could do by suing.  Being small entities, these producers folded. 

What CBS SHOULD have one was combine the casts of "Continues" and "New Voyages" to get the best actors, use the stories they already had written, and launched a new show.  They had the sets.  They had the talent, and fans would have loved it.  Instead, we are gonna get a sexed up prequel series that doesn't even involve the Enterprise.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down