The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bands you dig and now you Don't

+19
seth
StevenCressler
Nachtwald
Bahana
Dr3ams
Drawnsword
alldatndensum
Grindboy
PlaceOfASkull
bodachi
Follower of Jesus
Sevenoneself
TZ75
Raegoul
Pethead
Constantine
Black Rider
BaleMaster
Dustofyears
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Bands you dig and now you Don't - Page 4 Empty Re: Bands you dig and now you Don't

Post by Nachtwald Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:03 pm

A lot of the old Christian punk stuff, the crucified officer negative etc. It's a fun walk down memory lane but man how 30 years changes your take on sound. 
Same with some of the early (un) black metal. I'll occasionally jam horde, and antestors early albums for again the nostalgia of a simpler better time but it hits much less than it did all those years ago.
Nachtwald
Nachtwald
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Bands you dig and now you Don't - Page 4 Empty Re: Bands you dig and now you Don't

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:12 pm

PlaceOfASkull wrote:Disciple
My favorite band until self title released. 
When I heard the self titled it was a complete style change. I was so shocked. They turned to a modern rock sound.
Yeah, I really wish they had kept with the heavy groove souns of TSMAL. I do like the s/t, but I wish they hadn't gone that direction.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:13 pm

I still like Skillet, but for a while they were in my top 2 bands along with Deliverance. Nowadays I'd put them as pretty good with some great albums, but nowhere near a top 2 overall band.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:16 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Also, I liked Red's first couple of albums.  Then they all started sounding the same and became a snooze fest to me.
Not sure I'd call Red monotonous. End of Silence and Innocence & Instinct sounded pretty similar, sure, but they were great. Until We Have Faces was like if you took the first two and make them slightly boring. Release the Panic was similar but with more pop influences, unfortunately. Of Beauty and Rage was much heavier and atmospheric than the ones before, while still sounding decently like the first two. Gone was softer, but still had good choruses. Declaration was easily their heaviest, with some obvious metalcore influences but enough signature Red sound to not be boring like most core. And then Rated R was kind of a return to the first two, with some Declaraction sound left.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:57 pm

I went through a Family Force 5 phase as a teenager…
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:36 am

Nachtwald wrote:A lot of the old Christian punk stuff, the crucified officer negative etc. It's a fun walk down memory lane but man how 30 years changes your take on sound. 
Same with some of the early (un) black metal. I'll occasionally jam horde, and antestors early albums for again the nostalgia of a simpler better time but it hits much less than it did all those years ago.
I'm the opposite.  The old Christian punk stuff is the only good Christian punk IMO.  Never gets old and I'm always hoping for some bands to recapture that sound.  Same with Antestor; the old stuff had way more personality to me and I can still jam it.  I can't get into the more accomplished and polished later albums.  I love tons of new bands, but generally prefer the classic albums of bands that have been around more often.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:41 am

strangerhoncho wrote:
Nachtwald wrote:A lot of the old Christian punk stuff, the crucified officer negative etc. It's a fun walk down memory lane but man how 30 years changes your take on sound. 
I'm the opposite.  The old Christian punk stuff is the only good Christian punk IMO.  Never gets old and I'm always hoping for some bands to recapture that sound.  Same with Antestor; the old stuff had way more personality to me and I can still jam it.  I can't get into the more accomplished and polished later albums.  I love tons of new bands, but generally prefer the classic albums of bands that have been around more often.
Stryper's the only band I can think of where I can definitively say I prefer their new albums over their old ones
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Wed May 01, 2024 12:49 pm

seth wrote:I went through a Family Force 5 phase as a teenager…
Their last album with just the twins is not heavy at all but it's awesome if you're into pop-funk like early Prince, The Whispers, or the Gap Band.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghosty Sat May 04, 2024 3:58 am

It's Whitecross for me. Used to love Triumphant Return as a kid. Now, I can't stand it and I'm not sure why. Even my nostalgia for it won't let it slide.
Ghosty
Ghosty
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Superjuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReedBenson Sun May 05, 2024 11:11 pm

Mortification's "Hammer of God" and similar-sounding albums

ReedBenson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4